Skip to main content

A Typical Monday

I like to occasionally document what a typical day is like so I have something to look back on years from now.  Today I will recap a typical Monday.  Mondays are one of my two work-from-home days, so I will also try to document an in-office day soon, as well as a typical weekend.

My alarm usually goes off at 6:00, but sometimes I reset it to 6:20 or 6:30, especially if I plan to skip my shower which I typically do on WFH days (sometimes I'll take it in the evening). I like to save time and get an earlier start and end time, so I just get dressed in sweats or leggings or yoga pants and put my hair in a ponytail and I'm ready to go.  I do have on-camera meetings on Mondays, however, so I will put make-up on whereas I don't bother on Fridays (my other WFH day).  Every morning, when I first come out of the bathroom Kona has gotten in our bed.  It's the cutest thing.  On this particular day, however, I had just changed the sheets the night before so I pulled everything up and made it so she could only be on top of the comforter.  Most days she is quite literally in bed all snuggled up in the covers.  It's so cute.


Then I head downstairs to feed the cats and 
make coffee.  Nothing fancy, just Folgers. Yes, Folgers.  Most of the time.



Before starting my work day I play Wordle and Connections. Every single day.


Then I check the news for all the latest shootings (Seattle), Zillow and the Crumbl Cookies menu (rarely go there, but I love to see their weekly menu) and write an entry in my one-line-a-day journal.



Then it's time to get to work.

I started a thing during Covid that I light a candle every day (but sometimes I forget or don't have one to light) while I'm WFH. It's carried over to weekends as well when I'm home just relaxing or doing housework or projects.


For a long time I was no longer having to make sure the girls were up for school, but lately I have started needing to again, for Olivia.  Kayley doesn't have class on Mondays.

Around 8:15 or 8:30 I put my make-up on to be presentable for my meetings, then eat breakfast.  Today I had Greek yogurt with berries and just a spoonful of granola for crunch.


Every Monday I have two back-to-back meetings.  The first from 9:00 to 9:30 and the second from 9:30-10:00.  After those, I will usually take a quick break to put in a load of laundry or unload the dishwasher.  Today it was both, and sometime around then Kayley left to go to the gym.

Lunch varies, but today I took my lunch break from 12:10 to 1:10 and mostly played on my phone (Happy Color).  Not very productive.  Meanwhile Kayley returned but then left again to go to work, and around 2:30 Olivia got home and I took Kona for a quick walk.

I usually finish work at 4:00 or 4:30, depending on when I started and then just play on my phone for a bit. I have so many fun games that I play and it's my favorite way to relax for a few minutes between work and making dinner.  As for dinner, I had planned to make some sort of black bean soup from Hello Fresh tonight, but our box hadn't been delivered yet, so I ended up making BLTs instead.

After dinner, the typical routine is to clean up, walk Kona, then it's time to relax and, you guessed it, play on my phone for a bit but then I usually will also do some reading and sometimes watch a show.  Then off to bed at 10:30 or 11:00.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley