Skip to main content

14 months

The girls turned 14 months on the 28th. Here's what they're up to:

Olivia has been walking good for about a month now. She can climb up on their slide, sit down, push off and slide down all by herself. She can climb onto the couch or a chair by herself and can get back down without assistance. Everything is "da-da". It's kind of her word for "doggie", but she calls birds, cats, people, whatever "da-da". Daddy is "da-da" too, but there is a subtle difference in her pronounciation. She also just started saying "up", for when she wants me to pick her up. At just under 20 lbs, she can STILL wear most 6-9 clothes, although most 12 month stuff fits her fine, too. Jeans or pants are usually huge but tops and stretchy-type pants fit ok.

Kayley has been walking since 11 months and now flat out runs a lot. Her new word is "ba", for "ball". She also can climb up on the couch or a chair and get back down by herself. I think she's just under 22 lbs. and wears 12 month clothing, although she can wear 18 months in tops ok.

They both love playing outside, just running in the grass, playing on their slide, riding in their wagon or playing in the rocks along the alley. Oh, and they love to go to the park. It's so great that we have a nice park so close.

If only they would start sleeping more at night. They only sleep about 9 1/2 hours, from 9:00 until 6:30, sometimes less. But they usually nap for about 3 hours, which is great, so I guess it's a trade off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley