Skip to main content

On My Own

Paul went camping/hiking with a friend this weekend so I'm on my own with the girls.  I've never been alone with them overnight, let alone a whole weekend.  I decided I should use the opportunity to head up north to visit some friends and family, so that's what we're doing.  We'll leave at naptime and make the 1 1/2 hour trip up to my niece's for a playdate with the girls' 2nd cousins, Taylor, 3, and Skyler, 5 months.  Then we'll go out to dinner with my mom and a girlfriend or two and then those friends will come to my mom's to play and visit.  Tomorrow we will go out to breakfast with my mom, my dad and step-mom (they all get along), and one of the above-mentioned friends.  After breakfast, we'll have to come up with something to do for awhile because I don't want to head home until naptime (so they can sleep in the car), so I'm thinking maybe Chuck E. Cheese, since they have one up there and there isn't one close to where we live.  I think the girls' would absolutely love it.

It's been crazy around here this morning trying to get ready to go.  The girls have been watching waaaay too much TV just to keep them out of my hair.  Plus it's really hot so between that and packing and trying to track down friends' phone #'s because my cell phone got wet and isn't working, I am just exhausted.  At least I'll soon be in the car with AC.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley