Skip to main content

The Mall

I rarely take the girls to the mall.  It's just such a pain to maneuver a double stroller even through the mall entrance, let alone any of the stores aisles.  But now that the girls are pretty much no longer napping, I'm finding it increasingly necessary to get out of the house more than usual. I mean, we were pretty much getting out most days anyway, if even just for a walk outside or to play in the yard, but we'd only go somewhere in the car maybe 3 out of the 5 weekdays.  I could actually still live with that, as long as we could still get outside on a walk or go to the park or whatever, but now that it's fall the weather doesn't always permit that.  So yesterday we did the indoor playground and today (even though it was sunny) I figured the mall would be a good change of scenery, plus I needed to exchange some things anyway.  The girls really had fun playing at the play area and we got some really cute things for fall.  Them falling asleep on the way home pretty much ruined any chance of me getting a decent nap out of them, but then again, I'm getting pretty used to that.

Comments

MultipleMum said…
I totally know what you mean about the going to the shops with a twin pram. It is asking for trouble! I wrote a post about it in December last year that you might enjoy!

http://cootaitlees.blogspot.com/2009/12/are-they-twins.html

My twins are still napping (thank God). I shudder to think about what I will do with them once they are not. It will be a very loooooong day!
Our girls are down to one nap a day, and I try to get out of the house in some form or fashion about 3 of 5 days a week, too. We have a tandem stroller that I use outside of the neighborhood, so it's not too bad to maneuver at retail.

When the weather gets cooler, I'm thinking about taking the girls to the mall to "practice" walking without a stroller. It makes me nervous to think about it, but I figure that will be a pretty safe environment in case one "escapes" my grasp! :)
Sara said…
I've gotten used to the double stroller part, it's the attention that I'm not sure I'll ever get used to. I have to look over my head sometimes to see if there is a big blinking light saying "TWINS COMING YOUR WAY!!" I find myself stearing away from people (the ones who's eyes light up when they see you coming with twins)just so I can get a few errands done without having to dive into the story of how my girls came to be. I've been a little scared to take them to the play place because I'm afraid I won't be able to keep an eye on both of them all the time. However,I might just give it a try. They will prob stay close to each other and it sounds like your little ones really enjoyed it.

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

First Snow of 2025

Yesterday it snowed for the first time this year.  I love when it snows when I don't have to go anywhere and can just stay home and admire it.  It snowed more today, and we took Kona out for a walk in the woods.  So pretty.

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...