Skip to main content

Miscellaneous

Today is the 3rd day in a row that at least one, if not both, of the girls hasn't/haven't napped.  I'm not particularly liking this tread.  There was a phase about a year ago where Kayley would not nap maybe 2 days a week, then for the last several months she's been great.  Then a couple months ago Olivia started skipping the occasional nap.  But neither of them ever missed two days in a row.  Now we're going on three days for Kayley and two out of three for Olivia.  Not good.  I'm scared to think this might really be the end of naps.  Ugh.

In other news, we've stepped up the potty training.  We've started issuing stickers on a chart on the fridge every time they go.  It seems to be helping a bit.  I just really need to be more consistent about taking them to the bathroom at least every hour, but it's so hard when you're either out and about or just busy around the house.

This weekend we're taking one last trip to Crescent Bar with some friends.  It should be really fun.  One last chance to enjoy some summer weather and the pool.  We'll also be watching the Seahawk game which I'm really excited about.  They'll probaly lose but it'll still be fun to watch with our friends and good game-watching food.  Go Hawks!

Comments

Do your girls share a room? I don't have any experience with this myself, but I know of a couple of fellow twin / triplet moms who have separated their children for naps once they got a little older (2.5 - 3 years). I think the kiddos were having too much fun to want to nap during the day, and being together just kept them wound up. :)

If you're interested, I can forward you links to their blogs...just let me know.

Take care, and I hope you have a fantastic weekend away!
Jill said…
I actually do seperate them for naps (they share a room fine for nighttime), but when one is up running around, playing, talking loud, etc. it's hard for the other to nap regardless.

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

First Snow of 2025

Yesterday it snowed for the first time this year.  I love when it snows when I don't have to go anywhere and can just stay home and admire it.  It snowed more today, and we took Kona out for a walk in the woods.  So pretty.

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...