Skip to main content

Obsession

I love Gymboree clothes for the girls, but darn, they're expensive.  We have an outlet nearby, but even they are way pricey.  I went through a phase sometime last year where I was obsessed, buying quite a bit of stuff there, marked down of course, and then using Gymboree Bucks to buy even more but I finally decided I had to quit.  But a few months ago I wandered in there anyway, just to look and I fell in love with the cutest collection in a horses/cowgirl theme.  As a horse-lover I was all over it.  I drooled for a bit but left empty-handed, knowing it would eventually get marked down (but would the right pieces still be there in the correct size?).  Several weeks later I went back and it was still there, marked down.  But I still decided against getting it.  Then, yesterday while the Seahawks were getting their a$$#s handed to them by the Falcons, I decided to go to the outlet mall for some other things and of course popped back in there, and guess what?  It was marked down even more!  I still almost didn't buy anything, but then I decided it could be one of their Christmas presents, so I did.

Shirt says, "Everybody loves a cowgirl"


I'm thinking maybe a cowgirl theme for their next birthday party--we'll see.

Comments

I love how you kept checking :)

And I'm definitely doing a cowboy/ cowgirl theme for their 4th birthday I think (look at me, all pre-planning for 2 years' time :)) - I already have two or three parties pinned!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley