Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A Typical Preschool Day

Every now and then I like to do a "day in the life" post so I can look back and remember what our days were like at certain ages and stages. I've been meaning to do one ever since the girls started preschool last fall but just haven't got around to it yet.  Yesterday was a typical preschool day so I'll go with that, and sometime soon I'll do a non-preschool day.

My alarm went off at 7:30, but I hit snooze and lounged in bed with the cats.  At 7:45ish Olivia came and got in bed with me.  We snuggled for a bit and then got up.  I was planning to go to the gym later so I didn't bother with a shower, but I did put on real clothes and a tiny bit of makeup.  Meanwhile, Kayley got up.

At 8:00 we went downstairs for breakfast.  After serving them and cleaning up, they got dressed and we left for school without them brushing teeth or combing their hair because we ran out of time.  Oops.

After dropping them off at 9:30, I went to the bank and then the grocery store (I grocery shop for the week almost every Monday).  By the time I got home and put the groceries away I had about a half hour to check email, facebook, etc. and then it was time to go pick them up (school is out at noon).

When came home, I had lunch and they had a snack (they eat lunch at school) then Kayley played on the computer for awhile and Olivia watched a little TV.  I vacuumed the downstairs, did a load of laundry, and sent a few emails.  Then they played while I prepped dinner.

A little after 3:00 the neighbor girls showed up and invited them down to play at their house, so the girls left with them while I finished getting dinner ready (I was assembling enchiladas to be ready to go in the oven when I got home from the gym).  About 15-20 minutes later they all came back to play at our house.

Paul got home around 3:40 and I left about 10 minutes later to go to the gym.  When I got back at about 5:20, another neighbor girl was over to play (the original two had left).  I put the enchiladas in the oven and took a shower.  After my shower I finished dinner while one of the girls walked their friend home (Paul watched from the porch).

After dinner Paul and the girls went outside to ride scooters while I cleaned up, then we played for awhile.  Around 8:00 we started getting ready for bed, and they were in bed by 8:30.

Paul and I watched part of a movie that we started on Saturday but still didn't finish it because he had to go to bed at 10:00 and we still have 45 minutes left.  That reminds me of a post I wrote a long time ago about how long it takes us to watch a movie.

After Paul went to bed, I watched a little TV and went to bed at 10:30.  Usually I'm up until at least 11:00 if not 11:30 but I was tired.

No comments: