Skip to main content

Lazy Sunday and More Parties

We have had, like, the laziest Sunday ever since they were born, I think.  We skipped church to catch up on stuff (and to sleep in due to DST).  I've done some cleaning and organizing but mostly we've just played and I even got some reading and a short nap in while the girls watched the latest Barbie movie on TV.  It's 4:30 in the afternoon and Olivia is still in her pajamas, which I think is a first.  There have been many times where they've still been in the pajamas until noon-ish, but never this late.  Whatever.  We're not going anywhere.

We had another birthday party last night.  Just to recap:  The girls' party was two weeks ago.  They went to a party last weekend for a preschool friend, then last night was a party for their 2nd cousin.  Next weekend we have TWO parties, one Saturday and one Sunday, both for preschool friends.  We're going broke.  It's a good thing there are only 5 other kids (not counting them) in their class!  Of course, we don't have to go to them all, either, but I think we can handle 5 (or fewer).

And speaking of classmates parties, of all the kids in their class, their birthday was first (their's and another girl's because she has the same birthday as them).  Since no one before them had a birthday, I wasn't sure what to expect as far as if most of them would invite the girls (or the entire class) or not.  I would have liked to invite everyone, since there are only 5 (not counting the girls), but by the time we invited all their neighborhood friends and our friends' kids, and their parents and siblings, we just weren't going to have room to invite all the preschool kids.  Then the mom of the girl who shares a birthday with them asked me when we were going to have their party, because she wanted to be sure to have her daughter's on a different day so the girls could come, and I knew the girls wanted her to come to theirs, too, so I had to invite her, which means I at least had to invite the other girl in the class but then I felt bad about not inviting the 3 boys in the class but I just didn't know what else to do, so I didn't (in hindsight, I could have invited all of them because of course not everyone invited did/would have showed up, but I just wasn't sure.  What if they all would have shown with both parents in tow?).  Now, here we are being invited to all the other preschool kids' birthdays.  Oh well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luther Burbank Park

Last summer a friend of mine introduced me to this cool park on Mercer Island.  When we went, we only played at the swimming beach and never explored the rest of the park or played on the playground.  So yesterday, we finally went back with a picnic lunch and checked out some more of the park (there's still another section we didn't get to, so maybe next time).  The playground was really cool with all sorts of nooks and cranies, and old-fashioned metal slides and ladders.  They girls loved it. View from our picnic spot A pyramid with slides on the other side Lake Washington beyond Chair swings--never seen these before I-90 bridge over Lake Washington Trail along the lake leading to the swimming beach Should have brought swimsuits.  They were SO sandy and wet coming home.

First Day of 10th Grade

 Today was the first day of 10th grade for the girls.  Sophomores.  I can't believe we only have two more of these.  Not counting college, of course. Kayley Kayley again Olivia It has become my tradition to take the day before and the first day off.  Back in the elementary days, the day before the first day was "meet the teacher day", so I would always take them to that, then in middle school we would just go to lunch or get our nails done.  Last year was their first day of high school, though, so that day was orientation and that brings us up to this year.  The day before the first day is "Wildcat Day", which is mostly a freshman and new student orientation.  Olivia is in ASB so she had to go help with that, but Kayley didn't go.  Instead, her and I took some of her old clothes to this resale store called Plato's Closet to try and sell them (it's similar to a consignment shop except they just pay you then and there and then resell them, instead of o

A Day in My Life

  It's time once again for the Multiples and More Question of the Week:  A Day in Your Life. What is your schedule like? Do you work outside the home or stay home with the kids?   I am very blessed to be a SAHM.  Our schedule looks something like this: The girls get up anywhere between 7:20 and 8:20, but usually around 8:00.  Lately I've been letting them watch an episode of Dora so I can get on the computer and check email, Facebook, etc.  Otherwise they just play for an hour or so and then we have breakfast. By the time we're done with breakfast (fixing, eating and cleaning up) it's usually between 9:30 and 10:00.  We get dressed, and then we go wherever we're going that day (errands, park, playdate, etc.).  If it's a stay home day, I'll usually do a DVD workout while they just play upstairs and then we'll go for a walk or play outside after. Lunch is anywhere between 12:00 and 1:00, and nap is 1:30 or 2:00 to 4:00 or 4:30. After their nap