Friday, March 22, 2013

Spring Snow

Well, we didn't get hardly any snow all winter, and now that spring is officially here, a blizzard rolls in.  OK, totally NOT a blizzard, but still more snow than we got all winter.  When we got up this morning there was just a dusting, then while we were getting ready for school it really started coming down and sticking.  I kept checking the school district's website and school was still on (their preschool follows the SD calendar).  I debated whether or not to even bother, considering the last time it did this I got them to school ok but could not get home because the road back home was closed and when I tried to go another route it was blocked by a stalled bus and when I tried yet a different route I realized that by the time I got home I would just have to leave again so I ended up hanging out at the outlet mall until it was time to go pick them up.  I decided to just go to the main road and see how it went, if it'd been plowed and what-not, but after turning onto that road and continuing for a bit I realized that the same road coming back the other way was closed, so I wouldn't be able to get home again.  So I turned onto a side street and turned around, but it was already too late, I couldn't get back onto the main road going back to our house.  So I had to park at a gas station and we walked home.  As we were walking home I saw them plowing the road and I'm sure it opened shortly after, but I didn't want to wait around.  The girls did pretty good, and when we got home we made a snowman and then I made hot chocolate from scratch on the stove.





 

 
 

No comments: