Skip to main content

Weekend to-do List

I'm whined on here before about how I never have time to do much other than work, run errands, fix lunches and help with homework and all that.  I always go into the weekend with a list (either mental or written down) of things I want to get done and usually most items go unchecked.  So I'm starting a new thing where I will document my list every Friday, and then recap every Sunday or Monday to see what I actually accomplished.

This weekend I want (or have) to:
  • Clean the litter box (done!)
  • Clean the hamster cage
  • Purge/clean/organize the fridge
  • Organize the pantry
  • Return some boots I ordered on Amazon
  • Put photos into albums or frames (pretty sure I won't get to this)
  • Start organizing/tagging items for the spring consignment sale
  • Read
  • Do some form of exercise
  • Go through the stack of mail/school papers that accumulates on the kitchen counter
  • Find some new recipes, especially freezer meals
  • Watch the Seahawks!
I will report back on Sunday or Monday and we'll see how many of those things I actually did!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley