Skip to main content

What's Up Wednesday




So I just found this fun link-up and really wanted to participate but I really don’t have time to answer all the questions complete with pictures and all that.  Usually the second I sit down at the computer the girls start bugging me or fighting or something and they stay up so late anymore that I don't have a lot of time in the evenings before I have to go to bed so it's super hard to find time to blog.  So here’s my half-ass version of What’s Up Wednesday.  But first, in case you are visiting from there and have never been to my blog before, I'd like to explain the title, "The No Nanny Diaries", obviously a play on the book title, "The Nanny Diaries", because when I started this blog I was a stay-at-home mom.  The name is no longer applicable, however, now that I'm back working and we actually DO have a nanny during the summer and on Fridays during the school year.  So I will be changing my blog title soon.  Anyway, on to WUW, hosted by Mel, Sheaffer and Shay:

What we’re eating this week – This is where I will be the only blogger on this link-up that doesn’t have photos of any of our meals.  Usually by the time I get home from work Paul and the girls have already eaten, but now that it’s summer they seem to be on a little bit later schedule so we’ve been eating together a bit more.  Monday was grilled steak, and Tuesdays they usually go out after gymnastics and I do my own thing, but they ended up bringing home pizza so I ate some of that.  Tonight I was going to have a grilled chicken breast and veggies but that didn't sound good so I ended up having cereal.  Don’t know about Thursday and Friday we are heading to Crescent Bar so we will eat out on our way. 

What I’m reminiscing about – Being a stay-at-home mom.  During the school year, not a day goes by that I don’t day dream about all the things I could be doing while the girls are in school (organizing, scrapbooking, decorating, shopping, exercising, etc.), and now that it’s summer, I’m wishing I could be available to take them to the beach/lake/spray park etc.

What I’m loving – having a housekeeper.  It’s such a lifesaver.  I used to spend literally my entire weekend just cleaning, running errands, grocery shopping and cooking, but now I only have to spend them running errands, grocery shopping and cooking.  Score.

What we’ve been up to – Nothing much.  We took the girls to the zoo several weeks ago (2 days after they went on a school field trip, but we went to a different zoo that they had never been to).  They got to ride a camel and feed some birds.






Beaver on a leash



They also got new bikes recently (they had outgrown their previous ones)



What I’m dreading – Well, I was dreading summer (childcare issues and never getting to do fun things with the girls except on weekends when everything is super crowded and busy), but it’s already here and we’ll get by.

What I’m working on – Just the usual, weight loss and projects around the house when I have time, which is pretty much never.

What I’m excited about – Our upcoming trip to Cabo San Lucas!  I’ve been to Mexico but never Cabo.  We’re going with Paul’s parents and sister and staying in a penthouse unit at their timeshare, Hacienda del Mar.
I've always wanted to go to a place with a swim-up bar, and it has one!  And an infinity pool.

What I’m watching – Just finished Breaking Bad on Netflix.  So good!  Now I'm going to start The Walking Dead.  And I used to watch just about anything on HGTV, but we downgraded our cable and got Hulu which doesn't have HGTV anymore.  There are a few seasons of a few shoes on Netflix, though, so I can still watch Fixer Upper, but they're old episodes.

What I’m reading – Just finished The Girl on the Train and now I'm reading Shopaholic to the Stars.

(not an Amazon link)


What I’m wearing – I am so not a fashion blogger or outfit selfie taker, but I recently signed up for Stitch Fix and have added some super cute tops to my wardrobe.  Just got these yesterday so haven't worn them yet but I can't wait to

 And this top was in my last Fix.  I love the double layer look.

 This top was in my first Fix a few months ago.  It's cute with black leggings and flats or booties and a long necklace which there actually is one in the picture but you can't really see it.

 And hello!  Yellow!  I actually like yellow and I love the lace detail on the sleeves.  I wore this today but I'm going to send it back (is that even allowed?  I can't find an answer to that question anywhere, but I don't know how they will know I wore it, other than the tag has been removed but I will send that too and I could have just removed it because I thought I was going to keep it and then changed my mind).


What I’m doing this weekend – Going to Crescent Bar.  The in-laws have a condo there and we usually go 3-4 times every summer, although this will be our 2nd and final trip this year just due to work and schedules.

What I’m looking forward to next month – Cabo!  (See "What I'm excited about" above)

What else is new - Not much...

Question of the MonthWhat is your favorite 4th of July Tradition and/or recipe?
Our neighborhood puts on a community event at a local park with bouncy houses, pony rides, face painting, live music, etc.  We usually go to that (unless the 4th falls on a weekend then we are usually at Crescent Bar) and a few years ago we started getting together with a few neighborhood friends for a BBQ and fireworks.




With friends at Crescent Bar

Waiting for the parade to start

Last year's theme was Disney



Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luther Burbank Park

Last summer a friend of mine introduced me to this cool park on Mercer Island.  When we went, we only played at the swimming beach and never explored the rest of the park or played on the playground.  So yesterday, we finally went back with a picnic lunch and checked out some more of the park (there's still another section we didn't get to, so maybe next time).  The playground was really cool with all sorts of nooks and cranies, and old-fashioned metal slides and ladders.  They girls loved it. View from our picnic spot A pyramid with slides on the other side Lake Washington beyond Chair swings--never seen these before I-90 bridge over Lake Washington Trail along the lake leading to the swimming beach Should have brought swimsuits.  They were SO sandy and wet coming home.

First Day of 10th Grade

 Today was the first day of 10th grade for the girls.  Sophomores.  I can't believe we only have two more of these.  Not counting college, of course. Kayley Kayley again Olivia It has become my tradition to take the day before and the first day off.  Back in the elementary days, the day before the first day was "meet the teacher day", so I would always take them to that, then in middle school we would just go to lunch or get our nails done.  Last year was their first day of high school, though, so that day was orientation and that brings us up to this year.  The day before the first day is "Wildcat Day", which is mostly a freshman and new student orientation.  Olivia is in ASB so she had to go help with that, but Kayley didn't go.  Instead, her and I took some of her old clothes to this resale store called Plato's Closet to try and sell them (it's similar to a consignment shop except they just pay you then and there and then resell them, instead of o

A Day in My Life

  It's time once again for the Multiples and More Question of the Week:  A Day in Your Life. What is your schedule like? Do you work outside the home or stay home with the kids?   I am very blessed to be a SAHM.  Our schedule looks something like this: The girls get up anywhere between 7:20 and 8:20, but usually around 8:00.  Lately I've been letting them watch an episode of Dora so I can get on the computer and check email, Facebook, etc.  Otherwise they just play for an hour or so and then we have breakfast. By the time we're done with breakfast (fixing, eating and cleaning up) it's usually between 9:30 and 10:00.  We get dressed, and then we go wherever we're going that day (errands, park, playdate, etc.).  If it's a stay home day, I'll usually do a DVD workout while they just play upstairs and then we'll go for a walk or play outside after. Lunch is anywhere between 12:00 and 1:00, and nap is 1:30 or 2:00 to 4:00 or 4:30. After their nap