- Lose 20 pounds. I want and need to lose more but a goal of 20 for the year is good. I'm sure I lost more than 20 if you add up all the 3 and 4 pound losses, but my net loss for the year is right around 1, give or take.
- Read 16 books. I'm just not one of those people who can read 4 or 5 or 20 books in a month, and lately I hardly read at all so I'm just hoping to get back into reading somewhat regularly. I read 16 1/2, plus a couple of kid books! At one point I thought I would get to at least 18 but then I just got really busy and didn't read much for a few months.
- Train for another 5K. I really want to get back into running but now that I'm working full-time and evenings are filled with kid stuff and next-day prep, it's SO hard to find time but I really hope to figure out how to squeeze it in. I just need to commit to going right after work twice a week, even though that means I won't get home until 7 or so, and then once on the weekend. Yeah, I didn't do this. It's on my list again for 2017.
- Drastically reduce my sugar intake. I eat fairly healthy for most meals but I just eat way too much chocolate and candy. And I want to start making my own salad dressing, spaghetti sauce, etc. (with what time I have NO idea...) because all the store-bought stuff has tons of added sugar. I didn't do this either. I mean, I had periods of very healthy eating with less sugar, but no where near what I was hoping for. And I sure never made any homemade spaghetti sauce.
- Improve home organization. I created this little command center but that's about it.
- Have more date nights. Now that I'm working full-time and we can afford to a) go out and b) get a babysitter. We maybe had a few more, not nearly enough, though.
- Go to more movies. Nope.
- Get more massages. Again, now that I can afford it. I did this! I think I got 3!
- Take more pictures. I swear I take less and less every year.
- Blog more. I maybe managed this. I know I was going like gangbusters at the beginning of the year but dropped off, especially in the fall when school started.
All in all, a pretty poor performance.
Other things I wanted to do this year:
- Go to one of those painting places. I think that would be a really fun girls' night. I went for a work function, but still want to go for either a girl's or date night.
- Move the girls into separate bedrooms. Kayley always stays up way later than Olivia reading or just not able to sleep so I think it would be good to separate them. As of today they want separate rooms anyway but every time I ask I get a different answer. If they do end up staying in the same room we are going to get bunk beds. The only reason we don't have them already is because we got their current beds for free from a friend of Paul's parents. We did this!
- Paint the living and dining rooms. Not yet. And now because of all the money we're spending on Kayley's teeth, it will be awhile.