Skip to main content

Summer Break: Week 3

Week 3 started out at Crescent Bar where we spent the weekend before the 4th.  We were just cleaning the condo and washing all the towels and linens before heading home, however, so not really enjoying the pool or river and whatnot.  We stopped at an old-fashioned drive-in for burgers and shakes on our way home.  I have fond memories of making such stops on camping trips with my family growing up, so once in awhile I try to recreate some of that for the girls, but turns out no one (except me) really cared for the food there so I guess we'll come up with some other tradition.

The next day was the 4th, and we went to a friend’s for a barbeque and fireworks and then to the big community fireworks show after that.


The girls were having a blast (literally, ha ha) shooting them off themselves this year, with plenty of adult supervision

playing with kinetic sand before doing fireworks

sparklers

their poor dog hid out in the bathroom :(

Our view while waiting for the fireworks to start


Wednesday it was back to work for Paul and I.

Thursday Olivia had a doctor's appointment in the next town over from us just late enough for Paul to get there in time after work but not to be able to come home first, so the babysitter had to drive them there and meet him.  But first they went out to lunch at a nearby Thai restaurant and then to Cold Stone for dessert.  It's so nice having a sitter with her own car that can take them places.  I don't have to feel quite as bad for having to leave them with one all day, every day,

This evening (Friday) the girls went to a birthday party.  They were supposed to be gone until 9:00 but came home early because they have already seen the movie (Moana) that the host is showing.  Whatever, and darn.  I was enjoying a nice, quiet evening.  Oh well.  I'm going to start packing for our cruise tonight!  We don't leave for another week but I don't want to leave it until the last minute so I'm going to start now with things I know I won't need in the meantime, like swimsuits and certain clothing items.  Yay!  I'm so excited!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luther Burbank Park

Last summer a friend of mine introduced me to this cool park on Mercer Island.  When we went, we only played at the swimming beach and never explored the rest of the park or played on the playground.  So yesterday, we finally went back with a picnic lunch and checked out some more of the park (there's still another section we didn't get to, so maybe next time).  The playground was really cool with all sorts of nooks and cranies, and old-fashioned metal slides and ladders.  They girls loved it. View from our picnic spot A pyramid with slides on the other side Lake Washington beyond Chair swings--never seen these before I-90 bridge over Lake Washington Trail along the lake leading to the swimming beach Should have brought swimsuits.  They were SO sandy and wet coming home.

First Day of 10th Grade

 Today was the first day of 10th grade for the girls.  Sophomores.  I can't believe we only have two more of these.  Not counting college, of course. Kayley Kayley again Olivia It has become my tradition to take the day before and the first day off.  Back in the elementary days, the day before the first day was "meet the teacher day", so I would always take them to that, then in middle school we would just go to lunch or get our nails done.  Last year was their first day of high school, though, so that day was orientation and that brings us up to this year.  The day before the first day is "Wildcat Day", which is mostly a freshman and new student orientation.  Olivia is in ASB so she had to go help with that, but Kayley didn't go.  Instead, her and I took some of her old clothes to this resale store called Plato's Closet to try and sell them (it's similar to a consignment shop except they just pay you then and there and then resell them, instead of o

A Day in My Life

  It's time once again for the Multiples and More Question of the Week:  A Day in Your Life. What is your schedule like? Do you work outside the home or stay home with the kids?   I am very blessed to be a SAHM.  Our schedule looks something like this: The girls get up anywhere between 7:20 and 8:20, but usually around 8:00.  Lately I've been letting them watch an episode of Dora so I can get on the computer and check email, Facebook, etc.  Otherwise they just play for an hour or so and then we have breakfast. By the time we're done with breakfast (fixing, eating and cleaning up) it's usually between 9:30 and 10:00.  We get dressed, and then we go wherever we're going that day (errands, park, playdate, etc.).  If it's a stay home day, I'll usually do a DVD workout while they just play upstairs and then we'll go for a walk or play outside after. Lunch is anywhere between 12:00 and 1:00, and nap is 1:30 or 2:00 to 4:00 or 4:30. After their nap