Friday, March 5, 2010

A Day in the Life of a SAHM of Twins

Today at Kelly's Korner the topic of the week is What Is Your Typical Day Like.  I always love this question and am amazed by other SAHMs (by choice or otherwise) who worry about how to fill their days.  Trust me, I don't even have to TRY.  The below is very general, but there is plenty going on to fill in the gaps, like never-ending laundry and other housework.

First of all, I'm awakened at 5:30 when Paul gets up for work.  Then I kind of doze off and on until he leaves at 6:30.  Sometimes I fall back asleep until the girls wake up, sometimes I can't.   If I can't get back to sleep I'll get up and have some alone time on the computer before they get up, which is really nice!  Otherwise...


7:30 - The girls wake me up.  They get sippy cups of milk, diaper changes and play.

8:30 - Breakfast

9:00 -10:00  Clean up from breakfast, get everyone dressed.

10:00 - 12:00 - Play, read books, color, etc.  Once or twice a week I'll run errands at this time.  On Wednesdays we go to storytime at the library from 9:30-10:00.  Some days we go to the indoor playground or the mall play area, either just us or on a playdate.  Most days I try to do my workout during this time if we're not going anywhere that day, or sometimes I do it first and then go.

12:00 or 12:15 - lunch

12:40 - 1:00  They watch the Elmo's World portion of Sesame Street on TV while I clean up from lunch.

1:15 or 1:30 - 3:30 or 4:00 - My favorite part of the day--nap time!  I usually spend most of nap time on the computer playing Cafe World and Farmville on Facebook, blogging, message boards, etc.  I also usually read for awhile and sometimes I'll actually do some housework.  Then there are usually 2 or 3 days a week that Kayley doesn't nap, so all this goes out the window.

3:30 - 5:00 - The girls get a snack after their nap, and then we play until dinnertime.  If it's nice out we'll play outside or go to the park.

5:00 - Paul entertains the girls while I start dinner.

6:00 - Dinner


7:00- 8:00 - Play

8:00 - 9:00 - Get ready for bed:  Bath (every 2 or 3 nights), jammies, brush teeth, read books.

9:00 - Bedtime for the girls.  Paul and I will take turns on the computer or watch TV for awhile, then he goes to bed around 10:00 and I usually stay up until 10:30 or 11:00 reading, on the computer, or watching TV.

2 comments:

Let'sMakeADifference said...

Sounds like an exciting life!!

Lesli said...

omg...your girls are too cute!! Your day sounds alot like mine although my three year old will not take naps anymore and I MISS it!! I would love to come back and read more.. I am now a follower!!