Skip to main content

Frustration

The girls are on this kick.  They will beg me for something, usually apple juice or milk, and when I offer it to them they refuse it!  It's driving. me. NUTS!  Today, Kayley saw a box of cereal bars on the counter.  She asked for one.  I already had one open that I had offered Olivia earlier, so I grabbed it and offered it to her.  "No!" she exclaimed, pointing at the box and doing her little pouty dance.
"It's the SAME THING," I tried to explain.  But she kept demanding one from the box.  Grrr...
I just threw the unwrapped one on the floor and walked away.  A few minutes later I noticed her eating it.  Sigh.  And heaven forbid if juice or milk isn't offered in the right cup!  They'll ask for juice or milk, I'll try to give them some but if it's in a different cup than usual they'll think it's something else (water) and refuse it.  "APPLE JUICE!", they'll scream.  "This IS apple juice", I'll expain.  "AAAAAPPLE JUUUUUUICE..." they'll retort, while pushing the apple juice away...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley