Skip to main content

Show Us Your Life - Kitchens

The Friday home tours continue at Kelly's Korner, and this week is kitchens.  Our kitchen is fine for us but nothing special.  It's not that big and doesn't have an island, but I do love the breakfast bar.  We bought brand new so we were able to pick out our cabinets, countertops, flooring, etc., which was really fun and I love how it all came together, probably the most out of any other room in the house.

I love this poster.  I think I got it at Michael's.





Love these barstools

Comments

Tamar SB said…
What a great kitchen - so much natural light!
Sara said…
I am just a little green with envy over how much room you have in your kitchen. The idea of being able to design something, other than cooking in the prison I call my kitchen has me considering buying a powerball ticket today. Looks beautiful. I love the little breakfast bar too.
Laura Burciaga said…
Love all the light coming in through the windows! Nice and clear counters, too.

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

First Snow of 2025

Yesterday it snowed for the first time this year.  I love when it snows when I don't have to go anywhere and can just stay home and admire it.  It snowed more today, and we took Kona out for a walk in the woods.  So pretty.

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...