Friday, October 22, 2010

Show Us Your Life - Nurseries/Kids' Rooms

Too bad this didn't come a bit later, as we are currently in the process of transitioning the girls' room into a "big girl" room.  We changed out their cribs to toddler beds a few weeks ago and I just ordered their new bedding.  We still need to remove the wallpaper border, re-paint and hang curtains and new wall art (or stencil or something).  So for now, here's what it looked like in the beginning and now during transition:


Changing table/dresser and Olivia's crib


Now just a dresser


Olivia's bed, with the addition of wall art


These pictures were a gift from my mom that she got at an arts and crafts festival


Kayley's crib and glider


Kayley's bed-still with the same crib bedding.  The rocking horse was a Safety prize from work years ago.  I kept it forever hoping to one day have a baby's room to put it in.


Bookshelf


The glider is no longer used and the kitchen is outgrown, to be replaced by Santa this Christmas!


Here is the bedding that I orderd from Target:



It's trees and owls.  I also got some accent pillows with owls on them (one is actually the shape of an owl, plus they already have a stuffed owl that's pillow-like).  It should be really cute when it's all put together.  Then we'll just need to paint and find some curtains (I want sheer panels).  Can't wait to get it all done!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I love trees and owls! I just had my first baby and can't imagine raising twins! I bet it was/is hard work, but a lot of fun now that they're older! :)

Cottongirl7 said...

Good job so far. Love the rocking horse. My girls have a rocking moose from their grandma that they are in love with. I am a bit green with envy that you don't have a changing table anymore. Even when I squint really hard I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel on that one yet. :)

Jen said...

Here from Kelly's Korner! Such great work you've done! I love it!

Can you tell me the what the color and brand of the light yellow paint on the wall is? I have been on the hunt for just that color and keep getting a bit too light/dark!

Thanks!