Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Week in the Life - Monday

It's been a really long time since I've done a "Day in the Life" post--I'm pretty sure it was over a year ago, back when the girls were still napping (ah, memories...).  I definitely want to have a record to look back on in the months and years to come so I want to be sure to do one every so often.  I think once a season would be good.  But I've also really been wanting to do a whole week.  I almost did several months ago and never did and then for the last few months most of our weeks haven't been very typical.  But I think this week is actually going to fairly normal so I'm going to go for it.

Mondays are usually days that we don't go anywhere and I catch up on housework and do tons of laundry including bedding and bathroom rugs, etc.  Today I had extra because of our camping trip.

I woke up at 8:10, got a cup of coffee and turned on the Today show, mostly just to catch the weather.  Then I got on the computer until the girls got up at 8:45.  They watched Dora while I stayed on the computer for awhile, then I put in a load of laundry and started breakfast around 9:45.  Then I cleaned up from breakfast, did another load of laundry, swept the downstairs bathroom and vacuumed the stairs while the girls played with play-doh and colored.  By then it was around 11:00 and I finally got Kayley dressed (Olivia got dressed when she first got up) and then read them some Bible stories.

At 11:45 they had a snack of yogurt.  I did another load, swept the master bathroom, vacuumed downstairs and went through Friday's and Saturday's mail.  We had lunch around 1:00 and while the girls ate I planned meals for the rest of the week.

The girls spent the afternoon playing with their water table and doing Zumba (I have a CD of Zumba-type music that I won as a door prize the first time I went to a Zumba class and they LOVE to dance to it).  I sat outside and tried to read for a little bit but wasn't able to get much reading done.  A little after 3:00 I let them watch some of their Spongebob Squarpants DVD so I could get on the computer for a little bit, then we went back outside to ride bikes and play with sidewalk chalk until daddy got home at 4:15.  He normally would have been home about 3:40 but had to go to Costco on his way home to exchange the Pull-ups he bought in the wrong size (the girls still wear them to bed).  When he got home I went to the gym, got home at 6:00 and took my shower.  Then we grilled steaks for dinner.

At 8:00 I tried to watch the finale of The Bachelorette but the girls made that very difficult.  Trying to get them ready for bed just during the commercial breaks resulted in them not going to sleep until almost 9:30, but that's not too much later than normal anyway.  I finished watching The Bachelorette and the After the Final Rose special, then I wrote most of this and went to bed at 11:45.

No comments: