Skip to main content

A Week in the Life - Monday

It's been a really long time since I've done a "Day in the Life" post--I'm pretty sure it was over a year ago, back when the girls were still napping (ah, memories...).  I definitely want to have a record to look back on in the months and years to come so I want to be sure to do one every so often.  I think once a season would be good.  But I've also really been wanting to do a whole week.  I almost did several months ago and never did and then for the last few months most of our weeks haven't been very typical.  But I think this week is actually going to fairly normal so I'm going to go for it.

Mondays are usually days that we don't go anywhere and I catch up on housework and do tons of laundry including bedding and bathroom rugs, etc.  Today I had extra because of our camping trip.

I woke up at 8:10, got a cup of coffee and turned on the Today show, mostly just to catch the weather.  Then I got on the computer until the girls got up at 8:45.  They watched Dora while I stayed on the computer for awhile, then I put in a load of laundry and started breakfast around 9:45.  Then I cleaned up from breakfast, did another load of laundry, swept the downstairs bathroom and vacuumed the stairs while the girls played with play-doh and colored.  By then it was around 11:00 and I finally got Kayley dressed (Olivia got dressed when she first got up) and then read them some Bible stories.

At 11:45 they had a snack of yogurt.  I did another load, swept the master bathroom, vacuumed downstairs and went through Friday's and Saturday's mail.  We had lunch around 1:00 and while the girls ate I planned meals for the rest of the week.

The girls spent the afternoon playing with their water table and doing Zumba (I have a CD of Zumba-type music that I won as a door prize the first time I went to a Zumba class and they LOVE to dance to it).  I sat outside and tried to read for a little bit but wasn't able to get much reading done.  A little after 3:00 I let them watch some of their Spongebob Squarpants DVD so I could get on the computer for a little bit, then we went back outside to ride bikes and play with sidewalk chalk until daddy got home at 4:15.  He normally would have been home about 3:40 but had to go to Costco on his way home to exchange the Pull-ups he bought in the wrong size (the girls still wear them to bed).  When he got home I went to the gym, got home at 6:00 and took my shower.  Then we grilled steaks for dinner.

At 8:00 I tried to watch the finale of The Bachelorette but the girls made that very difficult.  Trying to get them ready for bed just during the commercial breaks resulted in them not going to sleep until almost 9:30, but that's not too much later than normal anyway.  I finished watching The Bachelorette and the After the Final Rose special, then I wrote most of this and went to bed at 11:45.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luther Burbank Park

Last summer a friend of mine introduced me to this cool park on Mercer Island.  When we went, we only played at the swimming beach and never explored the rest of the park or played on the playground.  So yesterday, we finally went back with a picnic lunch and checked out some more of the park (there's still another section we didn't get to, so maybe next time).  The playground was really cool with all sorts of nooks and cranies, and old-fashioned metal slides and ladders.  They girls loved it. View from our picnic spot A pyramid with slides on the other side Lake Washington beyond Chair swings--never seen these before I-90 bridge over Lake Washington Trail along the lake leading to the swimming beach Should have brought swimsuits.  They were SO sandy and wet coming home.

First Day of 10th Grade

 Today was the first day of 10th grade for the girls.  Sophomores.  I can't believe we only have two more of these.  Not counting college, of course. Kayley Kayley again Olivia It has become my tradition to take the day before and the first day off.  Back in the elementary days, the day before the first day was "meet the teacher day", so I would always take them to that, then in middle school we would just go to lunch or get our nails done.  Last year was their first day of high school, though, so that day was orientation and that brings us up to this year.  The day before the first day is "Wildcat Day", which is mostly a freshman and new student orientation.  Olivia is in ASB so she had to go help with that, but Kayley didn't go.  Instead, her and I took some of her old clothes to this resale store called Plato's Closet to try and sell them (it's similar to a consignment shop except they just pay you then and there and then resell them, instead of o

A Day in My Life

  It's time once again for the Multiples and More Question of the Week:  A Day in Your Life. What is your schedule like? Do you work outside the home or stay home with the kids?   I am very blessed to be a SAHM.  Our schedule looks something like this: The girls get up anywhere between 7:20 and 8:20, but usually around 8:00.  Lately I've been letting them watch an episode of Dora so I can get on the computer and check email, Facebook, etc.  Otherwise they just play for an hour or so and then we have breakfast. By the time we're done with breakfast (fixing, eating and cleaning up) it's usually between 9:30 and 10:00.  We get dressed, and then we go wherever we're going that day (errands, park, playdate, etc.).  If it's a stay home day, I'll usually do a DVD workout while they just play upstairs and then we'll go for a walk or play outside after. Lunch is anywhere between 12:00 and 1:00, and nap is 1:30 or 2:00 to 4:00 or 4:30. After their nap