Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Week in the Life - Tuesday

Today was a really fun day.  Olivia came into my room and crawled into my bed at 7:40.  I thought she would go back to sleep until about 8:30 but she didn't.  So we both got up around 8:00 and then Kayley got up at 8:10.  I let them watch some TV while I did my typical morning computer stuff (email, facebook, etc.) and got ready for our mom's group playdate to the spray park.  After breakfast I started packing a picnic lunch and gathered all the other stuff we needed to take with us (sunscreen, water, towels, clothes to change into, etc.).  I totally should have done all that last night but I was too busy watching the Bachelorette.  Anyway, by the time I finally got everything together and made everyone go potty, it was a little after 11:00 and we were finally on our way.  Except 11:00 was the start time and we didn't get there until 11:45.  Oh well.

When we got there I looked around for our group, but didn't recognize anyone, nor did I notice anyone matching the description the host gave in the email (there are lots of moms in the group that I've never met), so we just started playing.  Later when we were eating our lunch, I spotted the group, but by the time we finished eating they had kind of dispersed.  I took the girls to the bathroom and ran into the host there, introduced myself and the girls, but then by the time we got back out I never saw anyone again so we never really did hook up with the group.

Anyway, after lunch the girls played on the dry land playground for awhile, then went back to the spray park where Olivia finally started getting into it.  She's very shy and clingy around big groups and strangers.  Kayley is more outgoing and always gets right to playing.

We left around 2:30 and stopped at a farmer's market I happened upon where we bought some red leaf lettuce, carrots, broccoli, corn on the cob, yellow squash and some raspberries.  The girls were getting very tired by this point, which didn't surprise me since they got up pretty early for how late they were up last night.  They fell asleep in the car right away.
We got home around 3:40 and I let them sleep in the car while I unloaded everything, got the mail, and brought the garbage/recycling bins in.  Then they watched "Rango" while I got on the computer.  I haven't seen it yet so I hope it's not terribly inappropriate for 3 year olds.

We ate dinner, then the girls helped daddy water the plants outside while I did the dishes.  Soon I will get them ready for bed and then watch Chopped and maybe read for a bit before going to bed.

No comments: