Skip to main content

Meal Planning

I didn't really include this as a New Year's resolution, but one thing I want to get better at this year is meal planning.  I really struggle with this.  We signed up for Hello Fresh about a year and a half ago and that has helped tremendously, but I still need to work on it.  We only get 2 meals per week (and sometimes we skip a week altogether) so I still need to plan for the other 5 nights.  So one thing I am starting today is having a slow cooker meal every Monday.  Hello Fresh gets delivered every Monday, so we usually have those meals every Monday and Tuesday, but sometimes it doesn't arrive until 7 or 8, so I have to have a back-up.  So starting today, I am going to do a slow cooker meal every Monday, then Hello Fresh on Tuesday and Wednesday, and then whatever on Thursday.  Friday (or Saturday) we typically order take-out in an effort to support a local small business through this pandemic.  Then I still need to plan for Saturday (or Friday) and Sunday.  So that is my new routine.  This is my menu for this week:


Monday - Chicken Enchilada Soup

Tuesday - Hello Fresh Seared Steak


Wednesday - Hello Fresh Creamy Mushroom Cavatappi


Thursday - Trader Joe's Beef and Broccoli (Trader Joe's frozen section is another life-saver)

Friday - either take-out or butternut squash ravioli (also from TJ's.  I do actually cook sometimes, I swear!)

Saturday - whichever we don't have on Friday

Sunday - I'm out.  I can't plan that far ahead!  Maybe spaghetti, we'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley