Skip to main content

What's Up Wednesday



So this was embarrassing, but last month I decided to participate in WUW for the first time in several months, if not over a year, and after posting realized that the hosts, Sheaffer and Shay, we're on a blogging break and didn't even do it.  Oh well!  So here I am again, this time for real.

1. What we're eating this week

Two Hello Fresh meals, Spinach and ricotta stuffed shells, some yummy Vietnamese food truck take- out and I don't know what else.




2. What I'm reminiscing about

Travel.  We're going to Hawaii this summer (we were supposed to go last summer but, COVID...) but I'm dying to go on another cruise or somewhere I've never been.

3. What I'm loving

Nothing in particular, except maybe that my husband is doing the dishes/cleaning up the kitchen as I type this.

4. What We've Been Up To

Nothing much, just the normal remote learning (still!)

5. What I'm Dreading

Another however many weeks/months of trying to work from home while the girls are here (even though they are mostly busy with school.  It still can be very distracting at times).

6. What I'm Working On

Purging and organizing the whole house.  I doubt I'll ever actually finish, but that's one thing I'm currently working on.

7. What I'm Excited About

Not much at the moment.  The girls going back to in-person school someday and eating in restaurants again!

8. What I'm Watching/Reading

I just finished the first season of Yellowstone, and I'm several episodes into the first season of Cobra Kai.  I'm loving them both.  I'm also still watching This is Us, the Bachelor and A Million Little Things, except the latter seems to be on some sort of hiatus and I think is coming back in March, not sure.

As for reading, I'm currently reading The Good Girl and I'm doing that read-the-Bible-in-a-year thing, using an app called Bible in a Year.



9. What I'm Listening To

Yesterday I listened to lots of Van Halen, in honor of Eddie Van Halen's birthday (he passed away last October).  I am also listening to an audiobook, All we Ever Wanted by Emily Giffin.


10. What I'm Wearing

Just my normal work-from-home uniform of yoga pants and sweatshirts.  Today I actually wore jeans and a cardigan.

11. What I'm Doing This Weekend

Like most weekends since COVID, we have absolutely no plans and I LOVE IT!  I have my weekend morning routine of sleeping in, then grabbing a cup of coffee and watching a little HGTV except lately I've been playing my mobile games more than watching HGTV.  Then I take Kona for a walk and then I get busy with whatever projects I'm doing that day.  On Sunday, we do online church and I usually go to the grocery store, but that's my typical weekend.  This weekend, however, I am planning to walk on a trail I've never been on that I will have to drive to, but I really want to check it out.

12. What I'm Looking Forward to Next Month

Normally, I would say the Oscars, but they have been postponed until April, I believe.  Maybe a nice Valentine's take-out dinner and the girls' birthday.

13. What Else is New

I'm a year older as of the 24th, but other than that, not much!

Comments

Christa said…
I love quiet Saturdays too! Did you get your COVID results? My husband got tested in September out of caution and said it was not a fun test and had his results about 25 hours later. Negative. We are very careful. It is hard to say no to people who want to gather indoors, but we have elderly parents and want to stay healthy.
Natasha said…
I think a lot of us wrote What's Up Wednesday posts in December and then Shay and Schaeffer never posted. Bummer :( That's exciting that you have Hawaii to look forward to! And yes, a lot of our weekends around here look the same too. Isn't house organization the lovely, never-ending chore... I need to do some of that one of these days.
Jill said…
Christa, yes we finally got our results back after about a week (!) and we were all negative, thankfully.

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

First Snow of 2025

Yesterday it snowed for the first time this year.  I love when it snows when I don't have to go anywhere and can just stay home and admire it.  It snowed more today, and we took Kona out for a walk in the woods.  So pretty.

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...