Skip to main content

5 Pounds

I did it!  And a week and a half early!  I've lost 5.2 pounds since May 1st.  So it seems I have reached my mini goal of 5 pounds by June 1st, however, knowing me, I will gain some back between now and then.  Especially since we are leaving today for Westport where we will be staying with the in-laws until Tuesday.  In-laws = plenty of chips, brownies, huge meals, etc.  Everytime we hang with them either at their place, the Ocean (Westport) or Crescent Bar I gain like 3 pounds.  But I'm really gonna try to keep it in check this time.  I'm 7 pounds over my wedding weight (and 5 pounds under my pre-baby weight, yay) so my next goal, other than not gaining any between now and the 1st, is to lose 7 in 7 weeks, so by July 10th-ish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley