Skip to main content

Swimming

The girls got their first taste of Westport (on the Washington coast) this weekend.  The in-laws have a condo there and we usually go once a year or so but haven't been since November '07 when I was pregnant with them.  It was interesting because they had bad colds and grandpa was sick, too, with what we later learned was PINK EYE!  Hello.  I sure hope the girls don't get it!  That stuff is super contagious, but so far so good.  He must have had a cold too, though, because he had bad congestion and body aches which the PA at Group Health said was related, but I've never heard of anyone with pink eye also having cold- of flu-like symptoms.  Anyway, he and the girls were all sick, but we still had a good time.  We played on the beach for a short time one day but it was of course chilly and windy so we didn't last long.  We mostly swam, which the girls loved.  Kayley picked right up where we left off last summer but Olivia was scared at first, apparently not remembering the fun she had jumping in the pool (us catching her) on our trip to the Oregon coast last year.  But after watching Kayley having a blast jumping in over and over she finally, reluctantly eased into the water via the steps and then started jumping in herself.  They were so cute.

Olivia

Olivia and Kayley

Grandma catching Olivia

Daddy and Kayley

I'm swimming!

Kayley getting a piggy-back ride


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

First Snow of 2025

Yesterday it snowed for the first time this year.  I love when it snows when I don't have to go anywhere and can just stay home and admire it.  It snowed more today, and we took Kona out for a walk in the woods.  So pretty.

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley