Skip to main content

Five Years Old

Olivia and Kayley,

5 years ago today you were born, and it was by far the happiest day of my life (I think.  The day I found out I was pregnant with you was right up there). I had waited SO long to have you. For many, many years before your Dad and I ever met I longed for you and worried I may never have you, or any child. But we were finally blessed with you and you were SO worth the wait!

The last five years have been so much fun.  I've SO enjoyed being your mom. I've loved taking you to storytime at the library, all the different parks we've been to, playdates with the mom's group, and McDonald's or the mall to play on the playground. I've loved playing with you at home, coloring, doing puzzles, playing with play-doh or doing crafts.  I'm SO thankful I got to stay home with you and enjoy all of that.  It means the world to me.

Olivia, you are so funny.  You say the cutest/weirdest/funniest/totally off-the-wall things.  You love animals and just adore our cats, especially Maisy.  There is hardly a moment you're not cuddling with/hugging/petting or generally tormenting her.  You are so lucky that she puts up with it!  You love to sing and dance.  You like to color but I wouldn't say that you love it.  You recently have taken an interest in playing on the computer.  You are very social, love to play with your friends and make new friends easily.  You still love Doggie but are not quite as attached as you used to be, and you still suck your thumb.  We need to work on that!  Here are some of your favorite things:

Color: Pink
Toy: Lego Friends
Food: Cheeseburger
Princess: Rapunzel
Place to go: Abby's house
Activity: Watching movies
Song: Perfect Day (from Barbie: Princess and the Popstar)
Book: Little Red Riding Hood
TV Show: Doc McStuffins
Movie: Tangled
Friend: Madeleine

Kayley, you are so smart.  You love to play on the computer and can maneuver around various websites well even though you can't read yet.  You are very good at puzzles.  You love animals and love to play vet.  You love to dress up and put on "shows" (dance shows, fashion shows, singing shows, etc.).  You are still very attached to your Gaga, although you will sometime accidentally sleep without it unfazed.  Like your sister, you still suck your thumb :( .  Here are some of your favorite things:

Color: Purple
Toy: Lego Friends
Food: Spaghetti
Princess: Rapunzel
Place: Kidz Bounce
Activity: Wii
Song: Here I Am (from Barbie: Princess and the Popstar)
Book: Some princess book that Kette has
TV Show: Imagination Movers
Movie: Brave
Friend: Emma

Happy birthday to my precious girls!  I love you more than anything.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luther Burbank Park

Last summer a friend of mine introduced me to this cool park on Mercer Island.  When we went, we only played at the swimming beach and never explored the rest of the park or played on the playground.  So yesterday, we finally went back with a picnic lunch and checked out some more of the park (there's still another section we didn't get to, so maybe next time).  The playground was really cool with all sorts of nooks and cranies, and old-fashioned metal slides and ladders.  They girls loved it. View from our picnic spot A pyramid with slides on the other side Lake Washington beyond Chair swings--never seen these before I-90 bridge over Lake Washington Trail along the lake leading to the swimming beach Should have brought swimsuits.  They were SO sandy and wet coming home.

First Day of 10th Grade

 Today was the first day of 10th grade for the girls.  Sophomores.  I can't believe we only have two more of these.  Not counting college, of course. Kayley Kayley again Olivia It has become my tradition to take the day before and the first day off.  Back in the elementary days, the day before the first day was "meet the teacher day", so I would always take them to that, then in middle school we would just go to lunch or get our nails done.  Last year was their first day of high school, though, so that day was orientation and that brings us up to this year.  The day before the first day is "Wildcat Day", which is mostly a freshman and new student orientation.  Olivia is in ASB so she had to go help with that, but Kayley didn't go.  Instead, her and I took some of her old clothes to this resale store called Plato's Closet to try and sell them (it's similar to a consignment shop except they just pay you then and there and then resell them, instead of o

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now I'm also