Skip to main content

Family Photo Shoot

Every summer when we're at Crescent Bar we try to get a nice photo of the whole family (Paul's parents, sister and us).  For some reason we missed last year, but we weren't about to let that happen again.  So on Tuesday we found a very patient neighbor to snap a few pictures with several different family member's cameras and phones.  I desperately needed a new photo for my blogger profile as well as my Facebook profile and cover photo.

Nelson Family at Crescent Bar, 2013
 
 
This one is from 2009, when the girls were 15 or 16 months.  I had to scan it from a hard copy.  I can't seem to find 2010 and 2011.
 
Then we tried to get one of just the 4 of us.  Kayley has a new thing were she like to smile with her mouth wide open (hey, at least she's sort of smiling, as opposed to her old "thing" were she refused to smile at all).  I totally didn't realize she was doing that or I would have tried to tickle her or something.

Take 1

Take 2

Take 3.  Sigh.

Kayley.  I didn't get one of just Olivia.

I have been trying for months to get a decent shot of myself for a new FB profile pic, but whenever I have someone take one of me it turns out blurry or they are too far out/don't zoom in or it's an unflattering angle or something.  But I finally got one I kind of like.  I cropped it for my profile pic but apparently I didn't save the cropped version.

 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley