Skip to main content

Summer Vacation - Week 9

We've had a very laid back week.  Monday and Tuesday we were home all day and had friends over in the afternoons to play in the pool and with the slip 'n' slide.  Tuesday evening the local police station had an event, National Night Out or something, so we went to that.  They had face painting, a bouncy house, hot dogs and sno cones, a bomb squad, police dog, and we got to tour the police station.  The girls were excited to see the "jail" (holding cells).  I had some pictures of them in the holding cell and of their cute face painting but Kayley accidently deleted them.

Wednesday we ran some errands which included a trip to PetSmart for cat food.  The girls love to go there to see all the litter critters (mice/hamsters/birds/lizards, etc.) and to see all the dogs in the pet hotel.

Thursday we stayed home again and played with friends in the late afternoon, and today we need to go grocery shopping before heading to Crescent Bar tonight.  I'll probably have to bribe them with a treat from Starbucks to get them out of the house.

Paul has been dog-sitting for a friend this week, so the girls got to go with him a few evenings to see and play with the dogs.  They have enjoyed that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley