Skip to main content

Summer Vacation - Week 13

This was our LAST week before school!  Or, at least, it's supposed to be if the teachers don't go on strike :(  We'll see.

Anyway, Monday was Labor Day and we were still up in MV at Dad's.

Tuesday - Paul had the day off and we ended up finishing putting the girls' new dresser together.



Wednesday - The girls' kindergarten assessment.

Thursday - had a successful "trial run", getting up and ready in time for school, then played with friends ALL DAY LONG, from 8:30 until right before bedtime.

Friday - Went to Starbucks, then a play date with another friend that isn't one of the ones they play with all the time.  Came home for lunch, then got haircuts and frozen yogurt and went to a park.  Had family movie night after dinner and watched Mary Poppins.

Here's a picture of their new haircuts (not really different, just trimmed up), complete with eyes closed and suckers in mouths.  That's how we roll.

Yesterday we just hung out at home (and played with friends of course) and today we are skipping church to watch the Seahawks season opener.  Go Hawks!  They won all 4 of their preseason games for the second year in a row and should have a great season, but we'll see.  And that marks the end of summer vacation (hopefully...please no strike...PLEASE no strike...)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley