Skip to main content

Music Monday

Welcome to Music Monday, a new (hopefully) weekly thing I'm giving a try.  I've been toying with this idea for a very long time of starting a weekly music-themed post.  I used to be really into music of many genres, but have really fallen out of the loop since having kids.  I used to love to turn on DMX (called something else now, but those music channels in the 900s on Comcast) or browse iTunes on Saturday mornings in search of new music but I just don't get the chance that often anymore.  The only music I hear nowadays is the same 3 or 4 songs over and over on my way to work everyday.  Ed Sheeran's "Shape of You" and Justin Timberlake's "Can't Stop the Feeling" are great, but I get tired of hearing them multiple times a day.  Sometimes I'll change the station to a rock station that plays all the 80s hair band music I loved in high school, but other than that it's the same songs over and over.

Then every once in a while I manage to find something new.  This weekend at the dance rehearsal/recital I was introduced to two songs I had never heard before and absolutely loved.  One was a song that the hip hop class that Kayley had been in but quit performed to, and the other was the song Olivia's modern dance class performed to.

The first is a song called "Wait for it" from the musical Hamilton by Leslie Odom Jr.



The second is "This Time for Africa" by Shakira.  I know who she is and some of her songs, but had never heard of that one.  I guess it was the official 2010 FIFA World Cup song or something.  Really fun.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Transfer Anniversary

Today is the 5-year anniversary of my embryo transfer!  5 years ago today I became pregnant with my girls (I wrote about it in more detail a few years ago).  It was a Saturday that year, also. Olivia and Kayley at 3 days post conception (wish I knew which one was which): And Olivia and Kayley 5 years later: That photo is actually a few weeks old.  I tried to take one for today and this is what I ended up with: {Sigh}

The Girls' Room

So it's kids' rooms this week at Kelly's Korner Home Tours.  Unfortunately, we haven't finished the girls' room make-over.  We recently transitioned from toddler beds to twins.  I would have loved to get bunk beds to save space, but the twin beds were given to us by friends of Paul's parents so we're making do.  They were wood-colored (oak, maybe?) so we painted them white.  It was challenging to figure out how to arrange their furniture because of the alcove/nook thingie on one side.  I couldn't do the obvious two beds perpedicular to the wall with a nightstand in between configuration, so I had to compromise. There are lots of finishing touches still to be done.  We need to replace their dresser, get a nightstand, put up a shelf (ledge) or two and some wall art, and curtains.  We're also going to paint.  I've had my heart set on purple for a long time, which is why I chose this bedding with some purple but not too much, but now...

Senior Prom

Last Friday was the girls' Senior Prom.  A whole group of them met at a nearby park for photos, then they broke off into smaller groups and went to dinner and Prom.  Olivia and her group rented an Air B&B for the night, and Kayley spent the night at a friend's house with another friend or two. Olivia and Gavin (just friends) Everyone Just the guys Just the girls Olivia and Kayley